Tuesday, November 1, 2011

human emotion in words

I began realizing the effects of our feelings and their relation to emotions and the language we use to express them. In observation, I noticed that for the most part, we humans expressed only a few symniotic feeling words; okay, good, happy, mad, sad, pissed, depressed, fine, alright, and really mad. 
I also realized that once we "decide" we are one of these description words, we can be there all day or even days if we want! 
blah blah blah. 
At some point I was driven to research lists of feeling words.

 I wrote down all of the words that popped out to me. From that list, I sat down with markers and chose words that stood out from the second list. The poster board signs below are examples of words I began with.

I didn't want to start my blog with some of these words. Words that described how I felt when I began this "self journey".
A few things happened as I began hanging these around the house.
When you read each word and give yourself a moment to feel the chemical release each of them provide.
The emotion is much easier to
#1 Realize
#2 understand
#3 let go
when it's broken down into a more descriptive word.

It's amazing how quickly we can go from one vivid emotion to the next in mere moments.
I noticed that the words descriptive of my feelings at the time would jump off the page at me.
I chose to write each word in different colors and fonts to approach it's effects.
The only thing I have to say is, try it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment